Last updated on Nov 15th, 2023
LIVO is a holistic community management platform that simplifies life for everyone in an organized community from residents to security guards and building management.
- Visitor Management: LIVO’s technology helps security team replace the use of old age notebooks and registers and helps them seamlessly keep a track of all the visitors in the building. Residents can also allow the entry of visitors all through their phone even when not on premise
- Service Request: Residents can place a service request via the app and get it resolved by the community management or facility management team
- Payments Processing: Residents will be able to pay their service, maintenance or any other charges via credit, debit cards or other alternate payment methods supported in the market
- Resident Interaction: Residents can interact with other verified residents in their building. They can share posts, photos etc. with other residents
LIVO seamlessly connects the community – the residents, community management/owners association, facility management, security personnel, daily help and visitors – through the app, with a view to improve their end to end experience
Information LIVO Collects
Information collected on the LIVO app and website:
Residents: Name, Email address, Mobile number, your apartment/villa number, vehicle number (if any) and any other data you may have chosen to provide on LIVO
Guests: Name and resident flat, phone number and government ID card. No other guest information is required on LIVO App for entry at gate (Note: Community Management and Owners association has the final discretion on which information captured basis their security policy. LIVO doesn’t mandate any specific data capturing.)
Service Providers to Community/Individual Homes: The name, phone number, resident flat to be visited (if any), entry/exit time, visit purpose, government ID. For security reasons, some personally identifiable information of service providers including delivery executives is taken at the gate as per appropriate local laws. LIVO processes the information as per service requirements.
We don’t sell or trade user information in any form to anyone. The information is used solely for the purpose of enabling services and making your experience better on LIVO platforms. On a case to case basis we give you great value add from third party partners where information will be shared after your explicit consent.
LIVO’s services are an extension of the services offered by the Owners Association and Community Management team (OAM) (being our direct customer) of the premises. The OAM will have access to all the information collected for their society on LIVO for recording and security purposes.
Information We Collect Through Your Use of Our Services
When you use our Services, we collect personal information (i.e. information that could be used to contact you directly such as full name, address, phone number, credit/debit card information, or email address) (“Personal Information”) and demographic information (i.e. information that you submit, or that we collect, that is not personal information; this may include, but is not limited to, post code, hometown, gender, username, device information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, time zone setting, device location, IP address, SMS data, transaction information, age/birth date, browsing history information, searching history information, and registration history information) (“Demographic Information” and, together with Personal Information, “Personal Data”). We also use GPS technology to determine your current location. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose.
Other Permission Given
In order to provide a great customer experience, LIVO takes permission to access your camera, Gallery, your contact book, and notifications. The following are the reasons for access: –
- Camera/ Gallery: For sharing the images of daily help and regular staff that you want to pre-approve to your unit. We also use this for you to upload images for raising any maintenance request
- Contact Book: Instead of manually typing the information, LIVO offers users to select the person they want to invite via their Contact book
- Notifications – To update you regarding who is visiting, what your residents are posting, and the status of your requests.
Information on Payment Details
All credit/debit cards’ details/information will NOT be stored, sold, shared, rented or leased to any third parties. All the card details are stored at our payment gateway provider’s end (“Stripe” in this case) We will not pass any debit/credit card details to third parties We will take appropriate steps to ensure data privacy and security including through various hardware and software methodologies. However, (LIVO Technologies) cannot guarantee the security of any information that is disclosed online. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of websites to which it links. If you provide any information to such third parties different rules regarding the collection and use of your personal information may apply. You should contact these entities directly if you have any questions about their use of the information that they collect.
- “Livo Technologies FZ-LLC” maintains the https://www.livo.ae/ Website (“Site”).
- Visa or MasterCard debit and credit cards in AED will be accepted for payment.
- We will not trade with or provide any services to OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control) and sanctioned countries in accordance with the law of UAE.
- Cardholder must retain a copy of transaction records and Merchant policies and rules
Use of Personal Data
We may use Personal Data that you provide to us or we collect from you to:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, authenticating users, and sending product updates and administrative messages;
- Perform internal administration and operations, including, for example, preventing fraud and abuse of our Services; troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems; conducting data analysis, testing, and research; and monitoring and analyzing usage and activity trends;
- Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of LIVO and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
- Notify you about changes to our Services;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services;
- Keep our Services safe and secure; and
- Keep our Services safe and secure; and
- Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommending features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
How The Information is Collected
LIVO provides its services through our mobile app and website (will be collectively referred to as “Platforms”). User information is collected via our platforms either directly or indirectly to give great product and service experience.
Direct Information: All personally identifiable information as mentioned in “Information LIVO Collects” segment is explicitly collected on the platform where users fill in their details and give necessary consent to be contacted or their information to be used by LIVO for serving them better via the platforms.
Indirect Information: Information like Ip address, device data, browsing data and other information as detailed in “Information LIVO Collects” is collected while the user is interacting with our platform. The same is collected to make user experience on our platforms better. Such non-personally identifiable information (non-PII) may also be provided to third party advertisers to ascertain your interests and serve advertisements on third party platforms.
Why The Information is Collected
We use information collected from users to provide our services. The data is collected on LIVO platform as per discretion and inputs given by users. On the mobile app information is collected as per our agreement with Owners association management / Community management who act as an extended service provider to all residents within the society.
Following are the key services which will require information collected
- Account set up and administration
- Personalization of content, business information or user information
- Periodically communicate with you (like new feature/benefits introduction, feature usage guidance etc.)
- Use by third party advertisers of information to provide interest-based advertisements on third party platforms (no personally identifiable information is shared by LIVO without consent from the User)
- Data analysis on platforms usage to improve future services (All analysis are done only at aggregate level and LIVO never accesses or analyze data at user level)
- Legal obligations and meeting internal audit requirements (Non-guest visitor information)
- Protect Our Users, LIVO: Information is used to improve safety and reliability of services across platforms. This includes detecting, preventing and responding to security risks, fraud or any technical issues which can harm our users or LIVO
User Privacy Controls
LIVO ensures that you are in full control of the information we collect and how it is used.
This section describes key controls for managing your privacy across our platforms and services. In addition to this we also provide few other mechanisms by which users can reach out to us to modify or erase their information available with us.
Managing, reviewing, and updating your information: When you’re signed in, you can always review and update information by visiting the services you use. For example, you can change your contact details such as your name, email and phone number. This information would require approval from community and owner’s association management team for security reasons.
Choice to Opt-out: We provide all users with options to opt-out from receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing related etc.) communications from us. This can be done directly on our platforms or providing us with necessary information at team@LIVO.ae
Unsubscribing, removing and deleting your information: If you choose to unsubscribe from our platforms or delete any of all of your information, you can delete your apartment and then uninstall the app. In addition to this you may also send an email to team@LIVO.ae for specific information about your account or deletion of your account history. However, we may still retain some information and records of transaction for specific period as required by any law, contract with Owners association management/Community management or policy as applicable.
Sharing Your Information and Disclosures
We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of LIVO or anyone within LIVO.
There may be few exceptions:
- When user reaches out to LIVO customer care for specific query/issues and customer care personnel has to access your information for resolution of your query
- Explicit user consent will be taken by LIVO in case we partner with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of LIVO to provide services or offerings to users. The use of such services may require you to share your name, email, phone number, flat details or other information with these partners. In such cases, LIVO will only share your information and offer you the service with your explicit opt-in
For Legal Reasons: We may need to share or disclose some of your information outside LIVO if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonable necessary in the following events:
- Meet any law, regulation or legal process as applicable or enforceable request from government.
- To enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations, fraud, security or technical issues/breaches.
- Information as necessary with your respective societies’ OWNER’S ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT / COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT as per terms of agreement.
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, LIVO, or the public as required or permitted by Law.
Your Information Security
We build security into each and every system and services to protect your information.
All LIVO platforms and processes are built with strong security features that continuously protect your information. We have multiple real time checks and tests running to help us detect and automatically block security threats from ever reaching you. In case of any detection of threat or risk that we deem you should be aware of; we will notify you and guide you through steps to keep your privacy protected.
However, we would like you to understand and accept that data transmission over the internet may be liable to risk and we would assume no liability for any disclosure of information due to errors in transmission issues or unauthorized third-party access to our platforms or databases.
Your Information Retention and Deletion
The information collected on our platforms is retained for different periods of time depending on what the information is and how it is used and how you configure your settings.
Users can request to export a copy of their information or delete it from your LIVO account at any given point of time (some information deletion may be subject to OWNER’S ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT / COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT approval, LIVO will facilitate the approval process):
- All the visitors’ information is retained for a specific period of time (period beyond which the data is deemed not to be reasonably necessary for operation or by law) and this interval will be as per the discretion of the societies’ OWNER’S ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT / COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT. LIVO will delete all visitors’ information from its systems after the period that is agreed with the community management team. Once deleted, even LIVO will not be able to retrieve past data.
- Residents may request at any time that their data on LIVO systems be erased. This is referred to as the Right to be Forgotten and can be triggered by writing to team@LIVO.com.
- We keep some data until your society is live on LIVO and all such information is deleted if your society is no longer live on our platform.
- In case you have left a society on LIVO, you can delete all your details on our App and uninstall our app. In case of more assistance you can write to team@LIVO.com.
- However, some data we may retain for longer period of time when necessary for legal purposes, such as security, fraud or financial record keeping.
When you delete data or request for deletion of data, we follow a process to make sure that all your data is safely and completely removed from all our servers. We also ensure that none of your information is subject to accidental or malicious deletion. This may lead to some delay between actual requests made and final deletion as we ensure that information deletion is genuine and not accidental from our active and backup systems. Any request to delete will be replied within 7 days and actioned within 30 days subject to approvals from the OWNER’S ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT / COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT and not including the time taken by them in approvals.
In case of any issue or grievance related to your data privacy, please contact our founder at team@LIVO.com
LIVO (LIVO Technologies FZ-LLC),
HD38B, First Floor, In5 Tech, Dubai Internet City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates